Monday, August 10, 2009

Pancake time


My brothers two youngest girls Brinley and Elise came down on Saturday to spend the night while their parents went to Park City. When you only have 24 hours you have to pack a lot of fun into every hour. I figured we could go to a movie, make cookies and see ducks on Sunday. We started making scrapbook pages which quickly turned into card making. Zack came over and joined in the fun. Card making quickly became painting. Then peanut butter jelly sandwiches. By this time I was getting worried that this trip was going to be boring and they would never want to come back. I was quickly reassured when I heard Zack and Elise (the 6 year olds) run through the house shouting "this is the funnest place, I love this place. I never want to go home" I was so glad I didn't have to break the news that it is usually dull and boring here. They found the treat drawer. ( I thought every house had one:)They had a great time exploring and discovering. My Brother and sister in law came over and thought I must be super into scrapbooking to be able to pull all of that stuff right out and entertain at the drop of a hat. The truth of it is having all that young energy makes me feel like a kid again. Anything is possible at that age and so it was. After dinner we headed to the duck pond. What a treat. I have yet to take a visitor there that they didn't enjoy it and wish to go back. We fed the ducks until it was so dark we could only see the rats eyes running across the path on our way back to the car. We came home and watched "Icarly" or something like that and went to bed. Sunday we all slept in, we must have been worn out. Then headed out to breakfast. Elise only wanted a side of sausage. I had to use a little authority and ordered a pancake for her also. You should have seen her eyes when she saw this pancake get set in front of her.
We had to hold it up and cover her face with it!!! We had a great visit and on our way home Matt and Amy called and said that they were at our house. The girls were sad because we didn't get to go back to see the ducks. On the next trip we will go there first. T heck with scrap book and movies just take me to see the ducks.

This is the Garcia boys being excited about being in my next blog. Some day when we make a funeral slide show it will be full of a lot of birds. You can play eye spy in all of my photos searchig for the "birds"



No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...