Sunday, August 16, 2009

Poppy, Poppy, Poppy

This is my favorite flower. They are so beutiful and look so hardy yet they don't keep so well if you cut them and bring them inside. I love to cook with them and I have found a lot of ways to use those little seeds. I was amazed to see them used at the Cache County Fair in the "City Seed Scapes" you know, those cool panoramas that are supposed to be made out of different seeds.

This hill is breath taking in May. It looks like this for the whole block. I always want to stop and dig up a few plants to put in my own yard but never have. So here they are. My photo that is now my screen and part of my slide show;0

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...