Monday, January 5, 2009

Ah, the new year begins

So, we made it past New Years. We are off to the winter races once again. Snow is falling, We are shoveling. If you will remember back to January 9, 2008 we had a huge snow storm! They weather guy said it would only snow 3-4 inches. We had 2 feet within an hour. It kept snowing and didn't stop for days. When it did end, we had no more front lawn to put snow on. The piles were a good six feet next to the driveway. We had to re-shovel snow from the driveway side to the pine tree side so we could keep clearing the drive way. By the end of February last year I swore all I wanted for my birthday was a snow blower. When we tried to buy one last February they were all sold out. When August rolled around I had completely forgotten that all I wanted was a snow blower. So here we are again, snow falling, me wishing I had only remembered to ask for that snow blower. You guessed it, we didn't buy one last year. So this winter once again, I can take an hour of off my gym time because I can count the shoveling time. Today's snow was great fun to shovel. I got my broom out and took care of the deck that way. Bella loves when it snows. She spends most of her time running around trying to catch the falling snow. The rest of her time she spends trying to catch the snow I am throwing. Today the snow was light. It was not hard to shovel. When I finished clearing the driveway I was out on the road and realized that if we have three more snow storms before the end of the month, and they accumulate any amount of snow I will again be moving the snow to the other yard so I have a place to shovel. Enough about the snow. I love it! I love spending time in it. Most of all I like watching people drive like idiots in it because they think they know better and can out smart the snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...