Monday, January 26, 2009

Tea anyone?


The big news was I was engaged. My mom was so excited. She asked me about my "shower". I told her that I didn't want to have a "shower" per say. Thank goodness Lori (my sister) backed me up. I didn't want to play silly games and have people worry about what they were going to do when it was their turn. So I told her I would settle for a "Tea Party" That used to be one way we would spend an afternoon together. Mom would make finger sandwiches and something sweet and I would make tea, and set the table. I would always invite my dolls and she obliged and sat by them helping them enjoy the tea party also. I would get all dressed up and ask for my hair in ringlets. Those were always good times.
What a great way to get a bunch of women together to enjoy food and stories.
Today I was thinking it is due time for another "tea party". Things will be different this time. We won't have to scrounge around for tea pots. I have my very own collection. We don't have to get all dressed up and I can guarantee you I won't be wearing ringlets in my hair. Now it is just up to buying some great new flavors of tea to try out and setting the date. Is it out of the world to have a party just because? Do I need to come up with a reason to have a little get together? Maybe by the time I can find a free weekend I will come up with a great reason to have a tea party. Oh, yes boys can come to the tea party we do have a puking frog for them to have tea out of.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...