Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Snowdaze


Today the snow has not stopped falling. We got a few inches yesterday afternoon. Our last trip out to shovel last night was at 8:00pm after dinner. It turned into a neighborhood party. Nothing beats shoveling like doing it by moon light.

Today when I let Bella out (6:00am) there was only a skiff of snow on the deck. Thank goodness. I didn't want to have to shovel after my shower. Well, by 9:00am there was a good three inches. I shoveled my drive, the neighbors and helped the gentleman a few doors down. When I cam back for lunch there was more snow to be removed 2-3 inches.

It has not stopped all day. The plow did make one trip down our road. If you can just make it out to 24th you have it made. I met Sam outside again at 3:00pm to shovel we shoveled and joked and let the dogs bark and play and then in parting he said, "See you in about four hours. I don't think it's going to stop."

Elliot and I ran to the store and when we came out the snow was done. Well it's back now. We went out back to give the dogs a run. Rex didn't want to get to far off the sidewalk to "use it" but Bella liked running in the yard. Most of all she likes jumping on Elliot. On our way back in Elliot stopped for a little crunch....clean, white, snow.

Here's till tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...