Tuesday, January 13, 2009

behind every successful person is a basket of dirty laundry

Last night after dinner, I asked John if he would like to clean up after dinner or go start laundry. You know that is a tough question. If that were up to me I would choose to clean the kitchen. Johns idea of Monday night includes football or baseball or basketball. Not cleaning up after dinner. He looked at me and rolled his eyes knowing that if I did laundry it would all be done in three piles, four at the most and that's only if there are towels to wash. If he wanted laundry done "right" he would have to venture down stairs to sort all of the clothes my "DNA make-up" and "labels". He made the deal to do the laundry. I had to clean up the kitchen and put leftovers away. If there is anything that I dread doing it's the laundry. I think the only time you should do laundry is when you run out of undies. Some people would even think then it is questionable. Laundry feels like it it the road that goes on forever. The party that never ends. No matter how hard you try there is never and end and I just don't find the satisfaction in doing it. I guess I need the immediate reinforcement of a kitchen with every thing behind the cupboard doors. I guess I learned the lesson. If I don't do it right the first time, I don't have to do it again. So I will continue to clean the kitchen and I won't have to worry about the laundry. Instead of being the old lady who doesn't know how to get gas, I will be the old lady who doesn't know how to do laundry because my husband always took care of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...