Wednesday, January 14, 2009

So, tonight the tables are turned, Mandy is still working and I am at home making dinner and blogging. Oh and don't forget I'm still doing laundry and being the washing machine nazi. i don't understand why it is such a big deal to follow the washing instructions that are attached in side of them. It is put there specifically to help you keep your clothes looking as nice as possible. I get that it is easier to just do it how ever you want, but with the price of clothes these days it just makes sense to do it the correct way. Possibly that is the difference in our ages, and probably it is the result of having beat my head against the wall all my life and finally realizing that you don't always have to go against the flow. I mean I've seen significant changes in the way things happen in the world because of the concerted effort many of us have put in to changing them, but I also know that there are times when it doesn't really accomplish much to buck the system; ergo follow the directions in doing the wash. After all, most of the new fibers that are being used to make clothing now days are a result of US, the dissidents of the world, demanding better methods of producing things. WE are the reason that we all don't wear cotton, wool and linen fibers. WE wanted things a little better than we had a children. Now we have it, treat it with respect.

Enough of my soap box. Bella went to Furburbia today for her final puppy shots and to get a voucher for her spay and rabies appt. The woman who runs the rescue in Summit County was amazed at how big she was. She was also dismayed that Bella did not have a name tag on her collar. I didn't have the heart to tell her that the baby never leaves our sight, but promised to go get her one. At least one person in Utah will sleep better tonight knowing that our dog will have a name tag. I wanted to ask her why we had a micro chip implanted, but decided discretion is the better part of valor. And talking about dogs, Rex went to the doc on Monday for his eye and general rash. They increased his dosage of meds and it is showing a significant improvement after only three days. Now we just have to wait and see what kind of freak he becomes.

Well, miss thing has finally walked in from work, finished the dinner that I had on auto pilot and announced that it is time to eat. She also has been watching over my shoulder to see what I'm writing instead of waiting to see it with the rest of the world. I close now with a hope in my heart that things in your world are going as well as you wish and praying for your continued safety and love. Laters

No comments:

Post a Comment

It takes a village

  Today from the sanctuary: I’ve been advocating all week for children! How village life is so important. How having a village helps balanc...